If an applicant is dissatisfied with the assessment decision made by Skilled Migration Services, they can request an internal review of their application. If requested, an applicant can also request a formal external appeal where the outcome of the internal review did not meet expectations. Fees will apply each time.
In both instances, the applicant (or a nominated representative) needs to:
- within 30 days of the initial determination request the assessment decision to be reviewed
- send a written request for appeal to the Director of Skilled Migration Services via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Director, Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
- submit payment of the fee as specified in the fee schedule on our website.
- respond to a written request for appeal within 10 business days
- action the appeal upon receipt of the fee
- have a staff member not previously involved in the skills assessment (review request) or Director of Accreditation Services (appeal request) conduct an independent assessment of the applicant’s suitability for migration against stated assessment criteria.
- provide the allocated reviewers with the applicant’s application, supporting documentation and any other relevant information.
- notify the applicant of the final decision via email.
For further details about our review and appeals processes, please refer to the Skilled Migration Services Appeal Policy and Process for Applicants.