If you hold a current letter of 'Notice of in-principle approval of registration subject to proof of identity' from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra), you qualify for a Modified PLUS skills assessment. Applicants must hold current registration as a nurse or midwife overseas to be able to apply for the Modified PLUS skills assessment. At the time of assessment you are required to hold a valid 'Notice' of in-principle letter.
Steps for a Modified PLUS skills assessment
The following information and steps may help to minimise delays in the assessment process.
- See our checklist (174 KB) of required documents
- Read requirements for scanned copies before submitting
- View resources and a video on how to upload your documents to ANMAC – watch on YouTube.
Step 1. If you want ANMAC to assess and report on a period of paid overseas work experience, you will need to arrange for professional registration verification to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. ANMAC cannot report on periods of paid work where there has been no corresponding professional registration.
Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to ANMAC
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
Step 2. Scan a copy of your current 'Notice of in-principle registration subject to proof of identity' from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra).
Step 3. Collect and scan copies of the following original supporting documents:
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months (No selfie-style photo's or photo's with filters will be accepted)
- graduation completion certificate and transcript – your transcript must include commencement and completion dates
- professional references (58 KB) that support your work as a paid nurse or midwife – for more information go to Resources. If you are an agency nurse you will need to provide ANMAC with a service statement from your employer detailing dates and hours of employment AND a professional reference written by a nurse who has supervised you in your role as an agency nurse
- Agent Declaration Form (21 KB) – if you have nominated an agent to act on your behalf.
Step 4. Create an account on the login page. You can only apply once using the same email address. Please use different email addresses for multiple applications.
Step 5. Complete the Modified PLUS skills assessment application by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment – see our fee schedule on this website for more information
- checking you received an email from ANMAC confirming successful receipt of your application and payment
- contacting us if this confirmation email is not received within 24 hours
- uploading your supporting documents, once payment is confirmed, by going to the my account section in the ANMAC portal
- contacting us if you experience difficulty with document uploads
- avoiding account deletion by submitting your application and payment within one month of creating your account.