ANMAC helps to protect the health and safety of the Australian community by establishing high-quality standards of nursing and midwifery education, training and assessment.
We are the:
- independent accrediting authority for nursing and midwifery education under Australia’s National Registration and Accreditation Scheme
- skills assessing authority for nurses and midwives wishing to migrate under the Australian Government’s General Skilled Migration program.
What we do
- develop and review accreditation standards for nursing and midwifery programs of study in Australia
- determine whether programs of study for nurses and midwives seeking to practice in Australia meet the required education standards
- assess international qualified nurses and midwives seeking to work in Australia under the General Skilled Migration program
- develop, review and provide policy advice on accreditation and skilled migration of nurses and midwives to relevant organisations
- liaise with national and international professional bodies, regulators and educators on matters related to standards of education and practice
What we do not do
- register nurses and midwives, this is a function of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- deliver nursing and midwifery education or training
- provide information or advice on visas or immigration issues
- find employment for nurses and midwives
- make decisions about Australia’s health workforce